Monday, June 9, 2014

Anchor for My Soul

Recently I was asked to crochet an anchor for a baby shower. I found 2 patterns but found this pattern to be easier to follow. I loved how Petals To Picots displayed it as a card for her mom. Very creative and beautiful.
As I was making these anchors I couldnt stop singing the song by Micheal W. Smith "You Wont Let Go". I love the lyrics and its a great reminder of His promises.
Here are some photos of my recreation inspired by Petals To Picots. Thanks for sharing this pattern!

I used 2 strands to make each anchor. They are going to be used as Baby Shower favors so I wanted them a little thicker.

I chained 28  with white yarn and stitched the chain to the back of the anchor.

This is one of the first ones I made. I used a single strand on this one. This one was a little off centered too. I still use stitch markeres to keep count of my stitches but did not use it on this one.


This is what my anchors looked after they were all completed. I wanted them to lay completely flat. So I blocked them the only way I knew how. 


My flat anchors!

I held my iron over the achors in steam mode and got close enough to them without the iron touching the yarn, I did not have any pins on hand to shape them so I just shaped them with my hand as I went.

I am very thankful for this pattern and for being able to make these!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.