Saturday, March 30, 2013

Carrot Pineapple Cake Recipe-YUM!!

  I spoke to my mom a few days ago and asked her what I should take to her house for our Easter Celebration. She told me that she had a craving for carrot cake. I took one a couple of years ago but it was from a box recipe which was good but I really wanted to make one from scratch especially for her. I found one recipe from Paula Deen but it did not include pineapples and so I kept searching. One minute later I found this one
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,166,128179-254198,00.html

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
Frosting:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
few drops vanilla extract or rum





1 pound of carrots should give you 2 cups of shredded carrots

combine all your dry ingredients minus the cinnamon and blend



after all dry ingredients have been mixed stir in the cinnamon
at this point it should start smelling really good!!


mix sugar and eggs 


start adding the dry ingredients into sugar/egg mixture

add oil and vanilla and mix well

add carrots and pineapple and pecans or walnuts. I choose pecans


it looked a little oily so I was praying for the best

after 45 minutes in 350 degree oven this was the result
I cut it in the middle to test it.
Do you remember the Cosby Show when Cliff cut into the center of a  baked cake that he was not suppose to eat  then he stuffed it with paper towels...lol...I loved that episode.

O gosh this was so good and not oily at all.

3 easy ingredients for the cream cheese frosting ( only 1/4cup of butter is needed)

Its so good and creamy that I could it the whole bowl.


about to frost the cake

Let it cool down a little bit before frosting. Thanks for stopping by


1 comment:

  1. yum! I'm so gonna cook this! I want to be a great baker, but I am always messing up cakes with my substitutions ;) lol. Pinned! Thank you! ps: ahhh hahahaha the Cosbys are so funny! I love when he took the kids to the restaurants and they said "crowl-tons" instead of croutons--I still say that and laugh :D

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.