Monday, July 9, 2012

Easy BBQ Pineapple Chicken

Grab your crockpot and spray with non stick cooking spray. It makes cleaning up a whole lot easier.

Place chicken in crockpot. I put mine in the pot frozen. I think it was about 7 pieces.


This is the only BBQ sauce I had.

Put the pineapple with juice and BBQ sauce in the pot over the frozen chicken. Place on low for 7 hours

Don't worry if it looks like this an hour.

This is the way it looks after 7 hours.

Shred the chicken and place back into crock pot. If you have a bigger pot then you can probably do the shredding inside the pot.

I made white rice and placed the chicken over it. Make sure to put enough of the juices over the rice.


I was going to bed last night and worrying about what to make for dinner. I am not a good cook. The food I make is edible but I want to try new things. I saw a picture on pinterest of this recipe: Hawaiian Chicken.
http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2011/06/crock-pot-hawaiian-bbq-chicken.html

Since my husband was making a late run to Wal-Mart last night I asked him to buy some pineapple and BBQ sauce. I did not realize till this morning that the recipe called for a different type of BBQ sauce that can be found at Target. I decided to use what I had. The meal was awesome. My son finished all of it which was amazing. I am definitely going to try this again. On my next trip to Target I am going to grab a bottle of the sauce which is Archer Farms Hawaiian Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box." So that everyone knows that they must do this to get any responses from you or anyone else.